The 2012 Monster Energy White Style has a new winner: British rider Sam Reynolds placed himself in top of the podium after a spectacular final run in winter conditions. Swedish rider, Martin Söderström took second place and AntoineBizet from France took third place. The later was without a doubt the surprise talent of the contest and swept the jury off their feet with his first final run.
For his winning run, Reynolds started out with a 360 table at the step down out of the igloo at the start, then a no handed backflip, followed by a tailwhip at the next step down, then he flipped onto the massive “Monster Ship” and flipped off the 23-foot drop. Then the unexpected went down: Sam nailed a perfect double backflip, which was the first double backflip ever landed at the White Style contest. Reynolds commented on his run: "Unbelievable, I just dropped in and took my ride and then I thought, ok let's kick the double back! When I landed I already knew it was enough for some of the first places. But to leave Leogang as winner is quite a little winter dream for me."
Here are the full results from the Monster Energy White Style 2012:
1. Sam Reynolds / Polygon / GBR
2. Martin Söderström / Specialized / SWE
3. Antoine Bizet / Kona / FRA
4. Jakub Vencl / Rose Versand / CZE
5. Teo Gustavson / Mongoose / SWE
6. Sam Pilgrim / NS Bikes / GBR
7. Thomas Zejda / Dartmoor / CZE
8. Thomas Genon / UMF / BEL
9. Linus Sjöholm / YT Industries / SWE
10. Bienvenido Alba / YT Industries / ESP