Bell Helmets has announced the first winner is in the Bell Built program. Out of the four western regional finalists, the Ft. Tuthill Bike Park in Flagstaff, AZ, rallied up the most votes and will be one of the three winning projects to split the prize in the 2014 Bell Built Grants: $100,000 in technical assistance money put up by Bell for three bike projects to be built in 2014 by IMBA Trail Solutions. The grant money will help fund the construction of the beginner and intermediate trails at the proposed bike park project, which will be open to the public for the entire mountain biking community to enjoy.
Fort Tuthill Bike Park will be a fully-featured mountain bike skills park at the Fort Tuthill County Park in Flagstaff. The proposed skills park will contain a wide array of progressive features to appeal to all levels of bike riders. The park will be free, open to the public, and available for competitive events and skills clinics, utilizing the IMBA Bell Built Grant to implement the intermediate, and potentially beginner and flow trail features.
The voting for the Central regional finalists is now live. You can view (and vote for) all of these projects, check out their video and info, now on the Bell Built site.
Bell Bike Helmets and the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA) Public voting to choose the winners began April 7 and ends May 18, with winners announced May 19.
There are four finalists representing each of the following three regions:
* West Coast: Southwest, Northern California and Pacific Northwest Regions
* Central: Colorado/Wyoming, South Central, Upper Midwest, Great Lakes Regions
* East Coast: SORBA/Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions
The remaining finalists are:
* Cottage Grove Bike Park, Cottage Grove, MN
* Andres Bike Park, Carpentersville, IL
* Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail, Nashville, IN
* Chapman Bike Park Project, Durango, CO
* Holiday Valley Ski Resort Trail, Ellicottville, NY
* Richmond Regional Ride Center, Richmond, VA
* Doe Mountain Recreation Area, Mountain City, TN
* Yellow River Bike Park, Atlanta, GA
You will be able to vote for your favorite project in each region after checking out photos, videos and descriptions from each location on Bell Helmets' Facebook page. The voting began April 7, and the remaining scheduled is as follows:
* April 21-May 4: Central Regional Finalists
* May 5-18: East Coast Regional Finalists
The project that receives the most votes from each of the two remaining areas above will win one of the three Bell Built grants. Any combination of trail types (pump track/bike park, flow trail, DH/gravity trail) may receive the grants.
Keep an eye on Facebook for updates and voting:
+ Visit IMBA’s Vimeo page to see footage of the 2013 grant winners.