Highland Mountain Bike Park recently announced its 2011 Highland Camps schedule. Highland Mountain Bike Park developed and launched Highland Camps in 2009 and since then it continues to be dedicated to teaching riders, no matter their skill level, to excel their riding in a controlled, fun, and safe environment.
The Highland Camps program grew in the 2010 season with the addition of the Highland Training Center (HTC), as well as the launch of their signature over night, weeklong program, the Ayr Academy. For 2011, Highland continues the growth of the camp programs with addition of expanded Ayr Academy Sessions (four weeks total), as well as recent improvements to the HTC, rider lounge, editing studios, a new camper bunk house and more.
• Ayr Academy- Highland’s signature session- a week long, overnight, all inclusive summer camp, taught by some of the best riders, pros and coaches. The fun goes beyond the mountain with evening activities including dodgeball, video editing, fishing and more.
Session 1: July 10th-16th
Session 2: July 31st – August 6th
Session 3: August 14th – 20th
Cannondale/GT Signature Session Session 4: August 21st – 27th
• Find Your Ride – The Find Your Ride (FYR) package is specially designed for new riders and first timers to downhill mountain biking for just $99. This camp includes an all day lift pass, one mid-travel rental bike, safety equipment and a one-hour “Park Ready” lesson. This package is built with beginners in mind and is a perfect way to try lift access mountain biking.
• FYR PLUS- Take the FYR to the next level with the FYR PLUS and get one more full hour of coaching on the mountain.
Availability: Everyday and starts at 9:15 am and 12:15pm. Reservations are strongly recommended.
• Kids Camp- Kids are never too young to hit the trails and we’ll help them get the hang of it in this custom designed program catering to the littlest of shredders! Programs designed for kids ages 6-14.
Dates: July 9th, July 31st, August 13th, August 28th, September 11th, October 2nd
• Intro to HTC- This hour long program is designed to introduce riders to the new 9,100 square foot HTC. The HTC is equipped with a foam pit for learning new tricks and more.
Availability: Everyday. Reservations are strongly recommended
• Essentials of Downhill – This full-day program is designed for those new to gravity cycling but with prior cycling experience. Participants receive an overview of basic bike components and their functions, bike set up tips, instruction on proper bike and body positioning as well as training techniques essential for downhill mountain biking.
Dates: June 4th and August 6th June 5th and August 21st (Women’s Only Sessions)
• Essentials of Freeride – This full day program is designed for experienced riders who seek to take their downhilling to the next level. Intro to Freeride focuses on progressive braking, cornering, and descending skills while introducing techniques required to execute drops and jumps successfully, as well as providing tips on how to read terrain for “freeride” opportunities.
Dates: June 11th and August 28th June 12th and August 13th (Women’s Only Session)
• Gravity Weekender- Designed for Teens and Adults to conquer both Essentials of Downhill and Essentials of Freeride in the convenience of one weekend and offers the option to add Saturday lodging in the new Highland Bunk House.
Dates: July 2nd -3rd and September 17th -18th (Adult session) July 23rd -24th (Teen session)