Curtis Keene grabbed the early lead on the USA Cycling Pro GRT after besting a stacked field of nearly 100 pro male riders at the Fluidride Cup in Port Angeles, Wash. Katie Holden’s time of 3:05 not only lead her to a victory over several of the nation’s top female downhillers but also put her amongst the top half of the pro men’s field in her own backyard. Click here for complete results from the hundreds of downhillers who took to Dry Hill in the second Fluidride Cup on May 3.
With their victories, Keene and Holden take the early lead on the first-ever Pro GRT. The latest version of the USA Cycling Pro Gravity Tour standings is as follows:
1. Curtis Keene (Freemont, Calif.) 75
2. Luke Strobel (Renton, Wash./Team Maxxis) 60
3. Ryan Condrashoff (Colorado Springs, Colo./X-fusion-Intense) 50
4. Andrew Mitchell (CAN) 40
5. Joey Schusler (Boulder, Colo./Yeti-Fox Shox) 30
1. Katie Holden (Kirkland, Wash./Specialized) 75
2. Kathy Pruitt (Santa Cruz, Calif./Jamis) 60
3. Katrina Strand (CAN/Oakley) 50
4. Abigail Hippely (Aptos, Calif.) 40
5. Darian Harvey (Durango, Colo./Cannondale) 30
The second race on the 2009 Pro GRT will be the Chile Challenge in Angel Fire, N.M., May 23-25.