Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Bike Magazine is seeking a Video Editor (full-time, salaried, regular) with a passion for storytelling. We’re committed to creating engaging content that matters to our audience, and we’re looking for a talented, dedicated individual to help us reach more people through film. The video editor will work closely with Bike’s editorial staff to develop and manage projects, shooting video themselves while also working on new content ideas and managing a roster of contributing videographers. The video editor must also be highly organized, with a deep knowledge of production strategies and equipment, and should be experienced in directing on-camera talent.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Filming and editing video for Bike Magazine’s website and social channels with a focus on feature stories, gear reviews, interviews and riding action (30%)
- Managing video projects from preproduction to completion
- Collaborating with the editorial team on Bike’s overall content development and direction
- Taking ownership of and growing Bike’s YouTube channel (15%)
- Building a base of trusted, qualified video contributors and managing freelance content (10%)
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing (10%)
- Consulting with and following direction from the edit staff, creative director, director, producer and/or client throughout the post-production process (5%)
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements
- Suggesting or selecting music (5%)
- Keeping current on all editing software advancement and staying current with industry trends (5%)
- Properly organize all editorial cuts in the proper file folders on the server (5%)
- Informing, educating, and enforcing naming conventions, archival procedures, server organization, etc. to editors, assistant editors, audio engineers, or other editorial personnel working within the studio (5%)
- Occasional domestic and international travel (%10)
- At least two years previous experience in video/television post production, or equivalent education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong command of project details, self-motivated and excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of video/audio codecs, frame rates and formats
- At least 2 years previous experience in video/television post production, or equivalent education and experience
- Immersed in and knowledgeable about mountain bike culture
- Reliable, organized and self motivated; must be able to prioritize projects and hit deadlines
- Excellent videography and editing skills, experienced in directing talent
- Expertise with DSLR cameras, lighting, audio recording and mixing
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to provide constructive criticism
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in Mac OS X, Excel, Word and other basic computer applications.
- Experience editing with Avid Media Composer.
- Basic understanding of standard post production applications including Resolve, Pro Tools, After Effects, Photoshop, Transcoding Software, FTP Clients and NLE systems.
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.
Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.