Whether or not you want it, mid-fat, plus-size bikes are coming – and soon. This announcement of Fox’s bread-and-butter Float 34 designed for not-quite-fat-bikes is an indication of the oncoming storm of “goldilocks” and “middle ground” marketing babble. Interestingly, Fox continues to forego a dedicated fatbike fork, instead hedging their bets on this future market, which was pioneered by bikes like Surly’s Krampus.
Want to know more? Read on to the press release below.
The all-new FACTORY Series 34 FLOAT 27.5+ was designed from the ground up to be extra-wide rim and tire ready.
Features and Benefits
• Chassis designed specifically for 27.5+ wheels and tires
• 15QR x 110mm wide-flange hub spacing
• 4th generation FIT4 closed cartridge damper
• New FLOAT air spring
New wide crown spacing and lower leg casting
• Clearance for super-wide rims
•Supports tire sizes up to 27.5” x 3.25”
•Travel range 110mm to 150mm
• Hub flanges, brake mount, and rotor moved 5mm outboard
• Increased width improves brace angle & wheel stiffness for larger wheels
• 15QR x 110mm axle spacing