BMC showed strong commitment to 29″ wheels with the Speedfox we reviewed in this year’s Bible, but, having acknowledged the merit of the more playful wheelsize, the Swiss brand today released details on the new 650b all-mountain bike.
BMC Speedfox Trailcrew
The new bike will come in both carbon and aluminum versions, both of which will sport aluminum rear ends. By the numbers, the 650b Speedfox is more of an all-mountain rig than its big-wheeled brother, sporting 150 millimeters of travel and a slack 66.5° head angle.
– APS (Advanced Pivot System) suspension tuned for a more plush and progressive feel
– Removable ISCG mounts
– Water bottle cage mount inside the front triangle
– 142×12 thru-axle rear end
– Internal routing for brakes, drivetrain, and dropper post on the carbon Trailcrew
– Fully external routing on the aluminum Trailcrew
– Five sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL
Two models will be available later this summer: the $5900 SF02 Trailcrew carbon with SRAM X01 1×11 and the $3900 SF03 Trailcrew aluminum with Shimano SLX. Partial specs and geometry listed below.