Contour+ Has Arrived
Rumors are laid to rest: The Contour+ is officially out.
Contour’s next generation POV camera, the Contour+, has officially been launched.
Here are the new features:
- A wider 170-degree field of view (compared to the ContourGPS’s 135-degree field of view)
- Live video streaming via HDMI and external transmitter. This will allow for live, realtime video coverage of events.
- External 2.5-millimeter microphone jack for better sound quality. Especially useful for interviews.
- Six-element glass lens. We’re assuming it’s better.
- Same video resolutions.
- Same GPS features.
- Same Bluetooth functionality.
- No more Lasers. Resistance is not futile…you will not be assimilated–can’t pretend to be of the Borg any more. Also, can’t give your friends laser-point nipples. Really though, the lasers weren’t all that necessary.
- MSRP of $500–about $150 more expensive than the ContourGPS.
For more information check out contour.com